Opinions, discussions and tips on creativity in marketing, business and design – from leaders in these industries.
Compiled by spotlightideas.co.uk – 2011
Compiled by spotlightideas.co.uk – 2011
- Most Creative People in Business in 2011 β Fast Company
- Innovation and How to Harness the Creative Mindset β Huffington Post – ’11
- How To Be A Creative Risk-Taker In Business β Business Insider – ’11
- The Creative Imperative β Mitch Joel ’11. Article very much focused on marketers.
- Use Misfit Ideas to Create New Solutions – Life Hacker β ’11
- Creative Cultures: MailChimp Grants Employees “Permission To Be Creative” β Fast Company ’11. Mailchimp: designs/produces/distributes email newsletters
- Does digital limit creativity? Euro RSCG β ’11. Euro RSCG: leading creative agency.
- Conan O’Brien’s Guide To Creativity β Fast Company – ’11. Conan O’Brien: writer and producer for the Simpsons, TV host, comedian
- Daniel H Pink: employees are faster and more creative when solving other people’s problems β Telegraph – ’11. Daniel H Pink: one-time speech writer for Vice President Al Gore, and author of books on changing workplace.
- Find Your Creative Groove β Harvard Business Review – ’11
- TED – Steven Johnson: Where good ideas come from – ’10. TED talk. Steven Johnson is the best-selling author of six books on the intersection of science, technology and personal experience.
- What Is Creativity’s Value In Marketing, In Business? β Forbes – ’10
- Soap box: Creativity is the future of business success β Indepdent – ’10
- 6 Tips for Building a More Creative Company β Marketing Profs – ’10
- Linchpin β An interview with Seth Godin on creativity and resistance β Fuel Your Creativity β ’10
- 7 Customs Stifling Marketing Creativity - PSFK – ’10
- How to Use Novelty to Create Contagious Ideas β Dan Zarrella – ’10. Dan Zarrella: social media writer for Hubspot and writer of two O’Reilly media books on social media and Facebook.
- Are You Using Social Media Creatively? Read Write Web – ’11
- Creative Capacity of Social Business Models β Core77 – ’11
- Does using social media interfere with creativity? β Gigaom β 2011
- Creativity and social media β Edward Boches β ’09
- Surviving social media with your creativity intact β Simon Mainwaring – ’09
- 10 Ways To Jump Start Your Social Media ThinkingβΒ Social Media Explorer -Β ’09
- IBM 2010 Global CEO Study: Creativity Selected as Most Crucial Factor for Future Success
- The Impact of Culture of Creativity - A Study Prepared for the European Commission – ’09
- Does Your Digital Marketing Agency Have a Creative Office Space? Send Us Your Photos β Mashable – ’11
- Innovation is Not Creativity β Harvard Business Review – ’10
- The Creativity Crisis β Newsweek – ’10
- Creativity and personality – by Rosa Aurora ChΓ‘vez-Eakle of Washington International Center forΒ Creativity and The Johns Hopkins University
- How Play Promotes Creativity at Work β Fast Company β ’10
- TED. Stuart Brown says play is more than fun - ’08. TED talk. Stuart Brown: a pioneer on research in play.
- Tim Brown on creativity and play – ’08. Tim Brown: Tim Brown is the CEO of the “innovation and design” firm IDEO
- SxSW: Can neuroscience trump creativity in marketing? Econsultancy – ’10
- Creativity is not an option, it is an essential part of business β Times – ’09
- Is Imitation the Hidden Key to Creativity? Fast Company – ’09
- Thinking Visually β David Armano – ’09
- Design Under Constraint: How Limits Boost CreativityΒ βWired -Β ’09
- Creativity and stretching the sweatshirtβΒ Seth Godin -Β ’09
- Thinking Bigger β Finding Your Next Big Idea.Β -Β Social Media Explorer -Β ’09
- Do You Recognize These 10 Mental Blocks to Creative Thinking?Β βΒ Copyblogger -Β ’07
- 14 Things To Help Inspire Your Digital Marketing in 2010β iMedia Connection – ’10
- Ten Ways to Inject Fun Into the Workplace β Fast Company – ’07
- Google your way to a wacky office β BBC – ’08
- Book review: Creative thinking begins inside the box β Independent - ’08
- Visual and Creative Thinking:What We Learned From Peter Pan and Willy Wonka β Pop Labs – ’08
- TED. Milton Glaser on using design to make ideas new β ’09. Miltion Glaser: legendary graphic designer Milton Glaser dives deep into a new painting inspired by Piero della Francesca.
- How to Create Creativity β Six Revisions β ’10
- Design Under Constraint: How Limits Boost Creativity β Wired β ’09
- 7 Ways to Increase Your Creativity in Web Design β Vandelay Design – ’08
- 100 Great Resources for Design Inspiration β Mashable – ’09
- Creativity Spark From Masters Of Illustration β Smashing Magazine – ’07
- Six Thinking Hats for Web Design β 8164 – ’08
- Is Burnout Inevitable in the Creative Industries? β Wishful Thinking – ’09
- Getting Down to the Business of Creativity β Harvard Business School – ’08
- The two things that kill marketing creativity β Seth Godin – ’06
- TED. Larry Lessig on laws that choke creativity β ’07. TED talk. Larry Lessig: the Netβs most celebrated lawyer.
- How Pixar Fosters Collective Creativity β Harvard Business Review – ’08
- The Creativity Trap – Branding Strategy Insider β ’07
- 6 Myths of CreativityβΒ Fast Company -Β ’04
- Time Pressure and Creativity: Why Time is Not on Your SideβΒ Harvard Business Review -Β ’02
- Get Creative!Β βΒ BusinessWeek -Β ’05
- How to be creativeΒ βΒ Gaping Void -Β ’04
- Edward de Bono on Creative-thinking.Β Video
- Dr Edward de Bono discusses Six Thinking Hats.Β Video.
- Tim Brown on Creative Thinking β CEO of IDEO, design and innovation consultancy based in Palo Alto, California.Β Video.
- Lateral Thinking DefinitionΒ βΒ BBCΒ - ’00
- The Cox Review of Creativity in Business β UK Government publication – ’05
- Creativity, Design and Business Performance β Department of Trade and Industry, UK Government – ’05
- Keyword Research β Employ a More Lateral Thinking Approachβ Search Engine Guide – ’03
- Two Biggest Advantages of Small Businesses SEO β Top Rank Blog – ’10
- Search Engine Marketing and Lateral Thinking Skills β SEO Book – ’07